Welcome to “Love it, or List it… Farm edition”.
Our current “episode” started in back in January. Our real estate agent (who is FABULOUS btw… if you need one, hit me up, I’ll totally give you her name) sent us a listing to a farm that looked to check all the boxes- more land, real barns, old house, pond… the list goes on. We toured it, saw the amazing potential and put in an offer. Then waited….. and waited…. and waited some more… It was over a month before we finally had a ratified contract.
Meanwhile, we hadn’t really been planning on moving… so my house wasn’t really ready. At. All.
We had two weeks to get it done after the contract was finally ratified so of course we had been working the entire time to try to get it done.
I nearly killed myself but we did it. We moved nearly everything to storage (thank you Pete), I painted my ever-loving face off,
I replaced the “low-budget porn” shower doors in the master bath,
painted the half bath,
and then cleaned some more.
In that time we had some crazy cold… and then major rain storms…. We put the house on the market on a Wednesday, then Thursday the next week we had a huge wind storm and lost power for FIVE DAYS.. and the trees that fell down to take out the power had to be cleaned up… all in all we lost about 15 days of our sale contingency clause.
When it was all done, we no contract and a choice. We could keep the house on the market and hope we got a contract then make another offer on the other property again,
ask for an extension of the home sale contingency,
leave it on the market and keep looking,
or walk away from the whole thing.
My sweet husband said the magic words…
“What if we remodel the kitchen?”…
Guess what we decided?
It had been months and moving is truly a pain….
So it is probably not a huge surprise we decided to Love it- with a few minor tweaks and projects we have planned out for ages, it will be perfect for us.
Stay tuned…..I’ll show you photos of the mostly finished apartment soon (I promise!).